Broccoli Edamame Salad
- 5 heads of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 package shelled edamame (2 packs unshelled; takes about 30 minutes to shell)
- 1/2 c olive oil (option to add more to really coat the broccoli)
- salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder,
- 2 cloves finely minced or pressed garlic to taste
- 1 small package almond slivers
- grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425. Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder in bowl and mix well. Add broccoli to olive oil mixture and coat well. Spread evenly on roasting pan and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
In a second bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and mix in edamame beans. Spread evenly on another roasting pan and put both broccoli and edamame in oven. Roast for 15 min or until broccoli starts to brown.
Toast almond slivers in skillet. Takes about 5 min. Once broccoli and edamame are done, remove from oven, mix together and sprinkle toasted almond slivers on top.